October 25, 2011

Task 1a: More complicated as I expected

Before I started with this task, I have watched how the others have done this. But I got a little bit confused, because the solutions were so different. Some have written texts and some put their CVs into the blog. So, at first I thought we have to rewrite (to write) our CVs to a text. But after looking at the Blogs, I was not longer sure about this. Finally, I decided to write a text and in addition to this, to create a graphic which shows my CV in an Illustration.


I am really curious about your meaning. Don‘t be afraid to tell me/write me what you are thinking. Thanks!


Text version:


Professional Progress
was born 1983 in Bonn. This is a medium sized city which is located 17 miles away from Cologne. But I have grown up in a little village called Mondorf near Bonn. Ever since I can remember, my mother has given me paper and pens when I was bored or for the case she could not play with me. That was one of the reasons why I have painted a lot, since I can hold a pen. The other reason was, that I enjoyed it so much. It gave and gives me the feeling to forget everything around me, even in a full restaurant with loud people and music around me. 


When I grew older, I got interest in the Art- and Desingbooks of my mother. The possibilities of forms, colours and materials and the strong power of these artworks were very impressing for me. I felt that design can change the world. Made them a little bit more comfortable, modern or beautiful. 


With the age of 17 I chose "Art" as one of my main subjects in german A-Level. As we got through the subject "impressionism" and "how they changed the style of painting which was customary at that time", I felt the power of artwork again. This was the point where I decided to follow up with artwork, even in my future work.


As I passed my A-level in the comprehensive school Troisdorf-Oberlar, I went on and made a 6-month intership in a company which has produced handmade products for photo shootings and film productions. That was very exiting and there I learned a lot. Then I applied for an student place at one of the best-known universities for Design...and failed. That was very frustrating for me, because I did knew that I am not so bad in design.


For this reason I decided to study something else and chose agriculture science. But the fire for art was still burning in my chest and I decided not to rest until I have reached my aim. Than I got a place at the KDA (Cologne Design Academy), where I studied three years, where I got the diploma degree in communication design. 
The BAPP gives me the best opportunity to communicate with others and improve my skills.


Illustration version:



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kati!

    Nice to meet you here :-)
    I like the style of your illustration.

    Go on and do what you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel! Thank you very much! I like your Blog too.

    ReplyDelete