February 17, 2013

Building the writing


A Critical Review

Introduction
  • Why I have chosen "Neuromarketing"
  • Which benefits the evidences of Neuromaketing to my workplace will have or already has



Evaluation of the Inquiry Process
  • Tools I used (general survey, professional survey, Interviews), literature review, ethical implications



Analysing of Finding
  • "Referencing relevant findings and significance of inquiry including a discussion of the literature in relation to the finding and the benefits or implications of any activities undertaken." (BAPP Handbook)



Critical Reflection
  • "A critical self-analysis of  the learning journey based on my learning journal" (BAPP Handbook)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katharina,
    I've started writing my introduction and am finding it challenging. I have found this because I have a tendancy to want to just 'mix up' the four categoried of the critical review. When explaining in my introduction what it is I have been exploring, it would be my preference to start explaing my findings at this stage,but obviously I can't as that bit comes in the analysis of my findings part. Have you been having any difficulties with actual structure of the critical review and if so, how are you overcoming then?
    Many thanks
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    I do understand what you mean. In the first row I had have the same difficulties. My tendency was also to make more like a summary of the four categories. But after thinking about the reason of an introduction I felt that I was clear about the aim of the part of the critical reflection. I thought about what the other fields would cover and what wouldn't be covered. I don't really know if it's right what I have written, but my introduction includes the declaration for the topic of my inquiry. WHY I have chosen this issue and what was important for me to find out. I have written this in the introduction because I really don't know where I should write it later in the inquiry. I also edit some finding of the inquiry to underpin my arguments. Do you think that is the right way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that sounds similar to what I have also done. I have felt the same as you - it is more or less a case of trial and error and discovering what appears to be right, as you go along. I'm sure that if we are wrong, we will be advised once we hand in our draft for feedback. Best of luck!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete