December 5, 2011

Task 3c: Sources of Information


I can divide my 5 main sources of information in two sections:










1. Exchange of information with others
- Former and current colleagues
- Former and current fellow students
- Friends
- My Family 

2. Research on the internet
-  YouTube, websites and forums


Exchange of information with others

Former and current colleagues
They are a big support when I do need help or have questions. If I need information about something I do only have to ask and get a answer as soon as possible. That makes working easier for me, because I can implement the new information directly. In such a big company where I am working in there a usually always one who knows the answer for a question or can give specific information. That is a great benefit.

Former and current fellow students
I do also get informations from former students. Some of them are my friends too. We sharing similar interests and that is also important for networking. I also get informations when I do read through Blogs. E.g. Daniel Kremer do give many useful information for Graphic Designers. I do share ideas and impressions with Korliane Suy, which is a friend as well as a fellow student.

Friends
Talking and discussing with my friends it is also very useful to get new impressions and another point of view. Sometimes they have new informations for me. But it is also helpful to exchange ideas and inputs.

My Family
I have fortunately well informed family members. E.g. my mother do read a lot and are interesting in different issues. She has always a good idea or a good advice. As well as my father she is very professional and both have a wide range of knowledge. They do help me with they knowledge and they support.


Research on the Internet

Internet 
When I do have a specific question relating to my work as an Graphic Designer or I don´t know somebody who could answer this question, I do try to find these information in on a website e.g. "Forum Mediengestalter". Like Patrick Abels maybe I should also attend to "Forrst", which is a community of designer to help each other. I also do watch tutorial on YouTube and other videos which contains information about something that I am interesting in.

I realized that I have to work out a system to administrate all my sources of information. During my research for the different tasks I found so many useful links that I also want to share. I would like to try out the Reader on Google. I am not sure how this is working but I think I will get my head around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment