December 5, 2011

Task 3d: Critical questions and issues that emerged

Do some very specific ideas emerge about your networking and sources? 
When I am looking back on the "Sources of Information" I have to admit that I do not use the options and potential of the Internet in it fully extent. I think I have really to expand my contacts relating to my profession. 

Does your engagement to date seem appropriate? Limited? Focused? Planned? Unplanned?
Actually my engagement in this programme, my reflection and application in my professional practice seems to me appropriate. I am also open for suggestions of improvement and constructive criticism. I will continuing to improve my English. Sure I am aware of the fact that it is nearly impossible for me to get as good as a native speaker, but I will try my best. Learning vocabularies, listen to English music and movies, reading and writing a lot in English. This programme is a great chance to me improve and using this wonderful language. 

Are your ideas, position or concerns shared by others within and/or beyond your professional area of work?
I have recognized that also people which are working in an complete different professional area do have the same ideas, position or concerns. I will searching for one proper example and adding it here.
But I can already say that I didn´t expect that so many fellow students here do have the same thoughts or attitudes like me.

Does sharing ideas and communicating with others shift your thinking, planning or practice?
I can clearly say: Yes. Reading about the different ideas on the blogs, talking with some people about some issues or theories, communicate with fellow students and friends do shift my thinking. I am more open for new ideas and different point of views. This programme has changed my thinking and behaviour already. Today, like Patrick mentioned on his blog, I could help him a little. But only because we have communicate. Sharing ideas and communicate with each other is fundamentally for development. 

Does critical reflection help you decide what really matters and the actions to take?
Again, Yes. Writing in my Journal, thinking and reflecting about some situations/events and eventually changing some behaviour and knowing which actions to take makes me more self-confident. 
Than again I can reflect about the possible changes that emerged. 

To what extent do concepts and theories assist you in thinking about your professional
networking in different ways? And do these different ways of thinking have some
purpose for you?
Now I am aware of that Affiliation is a need of every human and therefore everybody must have interest in joining other people. But I also think that many people use TIT FOR TAT in their daily social interaction. So, we have to be careful it is a approximately balance between give and take. I do also think that we don´t have to precisely.

Are you left thinking differently prior to this part of the module? And if so, how?
I am left thinking differently prior to this part of the module, because I didn´t expected that so many theories and concepts are existing about the issue Learning, Affiliation and Networking. I have thought and talked a lot about the Game Theories and if this also working in real-life-situations. I came to the conclusion that this doesn´t work very well. Also other theories were so interesting that I had to read more about and I do like now to use Google Scholar. Google Scholar shows only scientific documents. Sometimes you can only find a summary of the literature or an extract of the book. I would really like to go in a library to loans one of the books. We have one English library here in Cologne. I will try to get some books there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment