November 19, 2012

The Adventure Inquiry

I am very sorry that I hadn't write anything during the past few weeks, but I had run out of time. Last semester I had have a part-time job and now, as a full-time worker in an agency it makes a lot of difference concerning blogging (as you can see on the number of posts). I had to work a lot (9.00 a.m to 8.00 p.m) even on the weekends. After working the whole weekend I could get a few days off work. Today are my last free day, but I will use the last hours of my free time for this post and sharing my experiences in the "ADVENTURE INQUIRY" that I had during the last weeks with you. 

It happened a lot since I started with the research for the Inquiry. After sending out my first survey to agencies which do use neuromarketing in their daily business, I got lot of positive feedback. Some offered me support and some wanted to read my findings. One participant asked me if I do already work as an graphic designer. Because I have been looking for a full-time job during this time, I answered that I have been working since 3 years parallel to my study as a graphic designer. After this information the participant asked if I would like to talk to him/her. So, the next week he/she called me and we talked a lot about neuromarketing. It turned out, that he/she was really an expert concerning neuromarketing. He/she has studied communication and marketing and has later on made a training in the medical sector. Now, he/she is studying on a University neuromarketing and will also doctorate in this expertise. I was so glad to find a person which do know so much about this topic, because I found out 1. that there aren't many neuromarketing experts 2. it is very difficult to study neuromarketing in general, because the field are very young and not many european Universities do offer this expertise. Furthermore he/she was looking for a designer which are interested in neuromarketing. He/she has been looking one over several month without success. But now he/she had found someone.

He/she told me that he/she are planning to set up a company which do offer neuromarketing services. Design shall be also a part of this services. We business meeting on the 05.09.2012 1:00 p.m in Dusseldorf (40 miles away from Cologne) to know each other and talking about the plans and ideas. I printed my Portfolio on DIN A4 cards and created a folder with the best works of mine for this meeting. It was very important for me to be very punctual for leaving the best impression. I arrived at 12:50 a.m. He/she and his/her business partner where already there. The first impression has been very positive. We talked a lot and they asked me a lot of questions. I think they wanted to check if my interest in the topic neuromarketing are genuine. But I think they checked very fast that it is. I showed them my graphic design portfolio of works. They seemed satisfied and ask me, after talking one hour, if I would like to work for them. I was suprised by this offer, but very proud and glad. Because I get a workplace just one week before, I told them this information. They told me, that this is alright, because actually they couldn`t give me a job directly, because they are now planning the new company. But I would really like to work one day for them, because I really admire the issue neuromarketing and would like to use these knowledge in my further job.

So, this was just a little extract from many experiences I made during my path "The Adventure Inquiry".

No comments:

Post a Comment