April 17, 2012

Task 6b: Inquiry Tools Experience


Disadvantages
  1. The disadvantage of my self-created inquiry was that the participants had have problems to send the answered survey back to me. I haven't find out, where the problem was. It seems to me that some programs on the PCs of participants couldn't save the checked form. Maybe that depends on different Adobe Reader Versions. So, maybe I have find another solution, otherwise the response rate will be minimized. 
  2. Additional to this the participants have to send the survey by their own email-address, some might have a problem with that. But I can minimize that by making sure that I will not use their email-Address or any other information which I get.
Advantages
  1. The participants have to save the answered survey. But this can also be positive, because their have an answered form of the survey at their PC. This might be a better feeling for some participants.
  2. The advantage of preparing the own quationnaire are, that I will be very free in my design opportunities. I will have to work with pictures, shapes or colours. I don't know if any free provider can offer this opportunities.

Pilot Interview

Disadvantages
  1. I have to admit, that I didn't found any disadvantages with this method. The only hard work will be to analyzing the collected data. 
Advantages
    1. Collecting are a withe range of information which can drive the inquiry forward.
    2. Are a good complementation to a quantitative research tool e.g. survey.

    Focus Group

    Disadvantages
    1. Time consuming. 
    2. Has to be planned in advance.
    3. Dominate participants could destroy the aim of the focus group.
    4. The analyzing process are very extensive.
    Advantages
      1. Very creative. 
      2. Many positive results which drive the inquiry forward.
      3. Getting new perspectives from the participants.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment