March 12, 2012

Task 5a: Professional Ethics (Part 1)

Ethics, also known as moral philosophy, is a branch of philosophy that involves systematizing, defending, and recommending concepts of right and wrong behavior.


This seems to me as a huge and interesting issue. Because we are surrounded in every day life with it. The structure and function of our whole society seems to rest or where build of ethical rules. Ethic seems to built the basis for a social cohabitation for us humans. The Ten Commandments where only the beginning but do apply until now. 


I think that we do learn the ethical rules from our parents and later on the society in which we live. That are the reason why the rules can be differ from culture to culture. In my point of view everybody does know the ethical rules in his or her society, but there will be always a few people which are trying to brake these rules.


I try to behave social and respectful to others, because I do understand the sense of a social behavior:  
it is the basis for a social cohabitation and furthermore the basis of our system.


Of cause every general social rules and laws apply even in my working place. Additional to this we have unwritten and written codes which are stricter as in our private life. But, I am glad to say that the general behave in my working place are based on common sense and good education. 


Unwritten Codes of Conduct in my working place



  • Be Punctual (I know... typical german)
  • Work concentrated 
  • Work in a structured way
  • Be attentive
  • Be quick
  • Be accurate
  • Be Polite 
  • Be full of respect to your superior
  • Keep your working space clean
  • Co-operate with any member of the team
  • Handle all confidential information about the company and the customers discreetly
  • Be prepared in case of a medical emergency
I do only know these codes, because I adapted them from my colleagues. Nobody, expect of the safety training, has told me these rules. 


No comments:

Post a Comment