March 23, 2012

Why it is so important to adhere to ethical norms in research?

During my recherche about ethical norms and rules in research on the world wide web I found a website where I suddenly understood the importance of ethic in research.
To make it clearer I will summarize here a few points of the text:

1. Norms promote the aims of research such as:
  • knowledge
  • truth
  • avoidance of error
2. Ethical standards promote the values that are essential to collaborative work such as:
  • trust
  • accountability
  • mutual respect
  • fairness
3. Ethical norms help to ensure that researchers can be held accountable to the public

4. Ethical norms in research help to build public support for research

5. Many of the norms of research promote the variety of other important moral and social values

Here are the complete text:


Paula asked me how I will provide my participants with ethical practice. And of course I have thought about that. I will provide my participant with ethical practice with the Consent Form and will also provide them with further information about the reason for the inquiry.


No comments:

Post a Comment